Sunday, May 5, 2013

Time to taper!

Got out fairly early this morning to try and beat the heat (hey, anything above 65F is hot in my book). I wanted to get a decent amount of elevation in but also some long miles so I decided to link up two shorter runs: Norvan Falls and then vert on Mountain Highway.

Set out around 7:25am and didn't start seeing people (other than two other runners) until I was basically 75% of the way back to the Lynn Headwaters trail head. 

Norvan Falls
From there I got on the Baden Powell over to Mountain Highway. I think this is going to be one of my main areas in training for White River 50. Just a long, gradual climb....forever. 

I went up until I hit 17 miles for the day, knowing it was going to be a bit over 7 more to get back to the car at the Lynn Canyon suspension bridge. 

Looking up at Grouse just before I turned around to head down.

Downtown Vancouver and beyond from Mountain Highway on Mt. Fromme
Knee-pounding descent and then back over the connector trail to Lynn Canyon.

Felt like a really good day. Enjoyed a few handfuls of snow up on Fromme to cool off and was very happy that the fountain at the base of Mountain Highway was almost ice cold; helped to choke down one last serving of goop. 




Now I have a two-week taper of some easy running to get ready for Sun Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment