Cougar Mountain Park
Come out, don your headlamp and celebrate the longest night of the year this winter solstice! This is a free, group fun-run for anyone interested in putting in some nighttime trail running miles.
- This is intended to be a group run done together. It's going to be dark, cold and wet; for safety and trail finding reasons, and in the holiday spirit, spend time with your friends and make new ones on this run. Please save your race legs for another day.
- The route will be a 12-mile loop with approximately 2,000' of gain (map and profile), starting from near the Sky Country trailhead. Please carpool!
- General idea is to do two laps, for a holiday 24 miler (4,000' gain). If people want to truly enjoy the night and do a third loop, there may be a couple people up for it.
- Headlamp or sufficient handheld lights required (extra batteries never hurt), and please check the weather and dress appropriately. This will be a rain or rain event.
- Note that since this is a loop, you can access water, food and clothing at your car at the end of every loop. Everyone will be responsible for their own supplies.
- Please park in the neighborhood (street parking) near the Sky Country trailhead and meet at the end of 166th Way SE where it turns into Clay Pit Rd.
Whether you just want to get a long run in or practice running at night for that 2014 100-miler, please come out and enjoy some company on the trails.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to comment below or reach me privately on gmail: Bataa32