Monday, December 30, 2013

“It's opener, out there, in the wide, open air.”

This past year was my first real attempt at running. I didn't play any organized sports (sorry soccer) and solely focused on enjoying foot travel, especially on the trails and in the mountains. The people I met, experiences I've had and things I've learned (and still not yet figured out), lead me to believe that 2014 will be just as exciting.

Thanks to all my friends, family and people I've met in the community. I'm very fortunate to have had so many great times in 2013.

California in February, where I got to run the Golden Gate 30k with my brother.
Running my first ultra at Chuckanut in March... 
...and then re-exploring trails in southeastern Utah immediately after.
Sun Mountain 50k, where I first met Dave and Greg
On top of Desolation Peak; jumping from 50k to 47 miles
The 42-mile Devil's Dome Loop with Richard and Dave; probably my favorite adventure run of the year.
A lap around Manning Park, doing the Frosty Mountain 50k course plus a bit extra. 
Central Cascades run with Greg and Dave.
Pretty spent after White River 50 mile
Angel's Staircase 60k
Pacing at Cascade Crest 100 with families Swoish... 
...and Criminale.
More Canadian North Cascades.
Cle Elum Ridge 50k.
Lots of solitude in the Cascade Recreation Area.
Fall arrives in northern Oregon, with Paul.
Back in BC, Garibaldi Park with Darren.
Deception Pass 50k.
And some (potentially) mentally-unsound guys running around a park at night in the rain

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a good year of racing. I hope 2014 is just as good or better for you.

    ReplyDelete